Expanding Your Mind Beyond Trading with Alan Matthew
On this week’s episode of Limit Up! we’re talking to Alan Matthew, trader and CEO at Tribal Ventures. Alan knows how to have fun and live life to the fullest - necessary when you have a stressful job. Tune into this fun episode for an irreverent chat about how Alan found himself in the Amazon and the dusty city at the center of the Burning Man festival.
Alan talks to Jeff about how he keeps his head together when things get stressful as well as how a fateful trip to the Amazon changed his perspective on life. Sit back for a fun chat between friends.
- [00:16] - This week: Alan Matthew, CEO of Tribal Ventures
- [01:41] - MARKet Reaction with Mark Meadows
- [03:29] - Jeff Carter’s interview with Alan Matthew
- [05:05] – How Alan got started on the trading floor
- [11:40] – Keeping your head together when things are stressful on the floor
- [16:55] – Alan talks about how he became a Shaman 25 years ago
- [19:41] – The practices that keep you grounded
- [22:25] – Getting a photo exhibit at Burning Man
- [31:47] – Tips for having a good time at Burning Man
- [39:40] – Top book recommendations
Limit Up! Is hosted by Jeff Carter. Jeff is a general partner at West Loop Ventures. In April of 2007, he co-founded Hyde Park Angels and spearheaded the growth and development of one of the most active angel groups in the United States. He has consulted on the startup of several other angel groups. He is a former independent trader and member of the CME Board of Directors and was part of a small group that transformed CME from an open outcry exchange to the largest electronic exchange in the world. In 1998, CME was worth $182,134,000 in membership enterprise value. Today it’s worth $55 Billion.
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to Limit up! in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.
This podcast episode was produced by Dante32.