Maintaining Success as a Funded Trader - Mick Ieronimo
Mick Ieronimo, Risk Manager for TopstepTrader, joins Eddie Horn this week to talk about his work with Topstep’s funded traders. Mick dives into what it takes to get a Funded Account™, tips for successful trading, what trips up good traders and how to avoid self-sabotage.
- [02:32] How Mick’s first visit to the wheat pit at the age of 12 led to his career in trading
- [06:44] Mick talks about his role as Risk Manager at TopstepTrader
- [10:15] What characteristics Mick looks for in traders for the team
- [13:32] The importance of starting slowly with low-risk trading
- [15:47] Best ways to carry success from the Trading Combine® into a Funded Account™
- [25:39] How to find a market that fits and when to know a market isn’t right for you
- [33.50] What a trader should do after putting up a large winning day
- [37:45] And after a large losing day?
- [40:37] Mick give his thoughts on having a trading buddy
- [43:54] Mick’s top 3 tips for any trader trying to get funded
- [44:16] Knowing when to refine a trading strategy
- [45:13] Limiting your losses
- [46:00]Remembering to have fun
- [47:03] On the importance of keeping a trading journal
- [49:15] The Eddie Question: You’re throwing a party. What’s the theme of your party? What are you serving? Besides family and friends, you can invite any 3 famous people, past or present. Who would they be?