Mental Health and the Hour of Champions with Steve Werner
Trading is a high-stress job with a rollercoaster of highs and lows. Steve Werner, former commodities trader and founder of Hour of Champions, experienced a dark night of the soul after he quit trading and his family business failed. On this week’s episode of Limit Up! Steve shares his journey with Jeff and discusses the regimen that helped him break his negative thought patterns.
Since the dark days of medicating his grief over the loss of his business, Steve has become a lifestyle coach for other high achievers struggling with negative thoughts and anxieties. Through his innovative program, Hour of Champions, Steve is helping people find their spirituality, physical fitness, and mental toughness.
- [00:24] - This week: Steve Werner, CEO of Hour of Champions
- [01:37] - MARKet Reaction with Mark Meadows
- [03:02] - Jeff Carter’s interview with Steve Werner
- [04:15] - How Steve became a trader in the bond pit
- [09:32] - Trial by fire trading at Singer-Wenger
- [13:11] - Different contracts for different personalities
- [14:50] - Transferring trading skills to other areas of life
- [16:22] - Stability, strength, and spirit
- [19:01] - Living like a victim
- [21:33] - A below-zero cure for a meltdown
- [25:22] - Battling through the highs and lows of withdrawal with physical fitness
- [29:44] - How Steve decided to start Hour of Champions
- [31:36] - Steve's spiritual wake-up call
- [35:25] - Origin of the name Hour of Champions
- [36:55] - Making a breakthrough in mental toughness
- [39:22] - Creating a mobile app to help transform a community
- [42:13] - Do a good deed and don't get caught doing it
- [49:11] - A crisis in spirituality
- [50:52] - Meditating your own way
- [54:08] - How to connect with Hour of Champions:
This podcast episode was produced by Dante32.