The Eurozone's Evolving Economy with Martin Essex of DailyFX.com
A few weeks ago, our very own Mark Meadows went onto the DailyFX podcast and spoke with host Martin Essex. Now, we’re flipping that around and bringing Martin onto Limit Up! Martin is an analyst and editor over at DailyFX and has previously written for The Wall Street Journal, Reuters and the BBC. Martin gives his thoughts around the changing landscape of the Eurozone, the potential impact of Brexit and, of course, Football.
In this episode, Jeff and Martin shift their focus across the Atlantic to Europe, where there’s no shortage of news impacting the markets. From Brexit, the impact of Cryptocurrencies and the evolving state of the Eurozone, Martin has a front row seat to some of the most important market shifting stories.
Have thoughts about this episode? Don’t forget, we want to hear from you! We’re rolling out a new call-in line for listeners of the show, so be sure to give us a call at 855-902-0331 and let us know what’s on your mind.
- [00:31] - This week: Martin Essex part two
- [01:31] - MARKet Reaction with Mark Meadows
- [02:51] - Martin Essex introduction
- [03:16] - DailyFX
- [03:27] - Jeff Carter Interview with Martin Essex
- [03:27] - Where do you see the potential in FX markets, and what happens to the Euro if Brexit really happens?
- [07:31] - Could exiting the regulatory regime of Brussels elevate the British economy?
- [10:10] - PiP iT
- [11:08] - What do you make of cryptocurrencies?
- [13:44] - Facebook Libra
- [14:34] - Cryptocurrency for supply chains
- [16:03] - What kind of clients did you do work for when you were a Senior International Economist?
- [17:18] - Do you subscribe to either the IS-LM curve or C+I+G macroeconomic camp?
- [18:51] - Is GDP a useful measure?
- [23:27] - Do you like futures markets more than cash markets?
- [26:37] - With sovereign debt and a combined currency there's no chance to rebalance
- [27:19] - What do make of the LIBOR, do you think it survives?
- [28:18] - Are you a football fan?
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to Limit up! in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.
This podcast episode was produced by Dante32.