The Psychology of Leadership, Risk Management and Emotional Intelligence With Dr. Mira Brancu
Dr. Mira Brancu, CEO & a clinical psychologist, joins us on this weeks Limit Up! Jeff and her talk psychology, risk management, and leadership development for making better decisions. Plus: it's @TopstepTrader 7th Birthday and you're invited to the party! Listen to find out more!
- [00:42] - This week
- [02:48] - Jeff Carter Interview with Dr. Mira Brancu
- [03:27] - Mira’s experience emigrating from communist Romania to the US
- [07:19] - Life in Romania before emigrating
- [08:49] - Moving from New York, NY to Durham, NC
- [11:42] - Applying clinical training to leading teams and teaching others
- [13:18] - Improving efficiencies and performance with new processes
- [14:31] - Great psychologists put in flexible processes to improve the workflow
- [15:37] - Learning and developing emotional intelligence
- [18:11] - Pushing on even after you’ve hit the ceiling
- [24:56] - How product/market fit applies to risk management
- [25:39] - Insights from working with women developing as leaders
- [27:46] - Attracting diverse candidates for prestigious roles
- [29:52] - How can women prepare themselves to excel in traditionally male-dominated fields?
- [31:25] - How can men diffuse fears of mentoring women due to legal reasons?
- [38:10] - Pet peeves about networking
- [45:25] - Does balancing opportunities turn into a zero-sum game?
- [48:24] - What keeps Mira up at night
- [49:39] - Walking away from a project when you are failing
- [54:53] - TopStepTrader Seventh Birthday Extravaganza
This podcast episode was produced by Dante32.