What an Army Major General Can Teach You About Leadership - Part 2
This week we’re bringing you part 2 of our interview with Major General Karl Horst. Jeff sits down with the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation President and U.S. Army Major General to discuss his final leadership principles. Join us for the conclusion of this incredible discussion covering communication, humor and how to manage expectations.
- [01:51] - MARKet Reaction with Mark Meadows
- [03:50] - Jeff Carter Interview with Karl Horst part 2
- [03:51] - Leadership Tip #4: Be clear and concise in communication
- [05:47] - Leadership Tip #5: Manage expectations
- [08:16] - Does it matter how someone gets to the end goal?
- [10:37] - How do you handle the failure of a subordinate?
- [11:36] - Leadership Tip #6: Build a team
- [13:20] - Leadership Tip #7: Lead by personal example
- [15:53] - Leadership Tip #8: Be thoughtful of others
- [16:06] - Retired Army Chief of Staff Gordon R. Sullivan
- [18:15] - Migrating from an analog world into the digital age
- [22:15] - Leadership Tip #9: Don't forget where you came from
- [23:25] - Leadership Tip #10: Maintain a healthy sense of humor and use it liberally
This podcast episode was produced by Dante32.